Calls of a doctor to the house are accepted by the administrators of the information and information department, from Monday to Friday - from 08.00 to 14.00, on Saturdays, weekends and holidays - from 09.00 to 14.00.
As soon as you connect with the administrator by phone or contact him directly when you come to the clinic, you need to answer a few questions, he will write them down and pass this information to the local doctor to the pediatrician:
1. Address to which you call the doctor at home.
2. Your child's insurance policy number.
3. Name of the insurance company issuing the insurance policy.
4. Last name, first name, patronymic of your child.
5. Date of birth.
6. Address (street, building or structure, house, apartment, staircase, floor, entrance code).
7. Your contact phone number (home or mobile).
8. Kindergarten number and group or school and class.
9. The reason for calling the doctor at home, the body temperature of the child.
After the call has been accepted, the administrator will indicate the time interval during which you can expect the arrival of a doctor.
In cases where your young child and he has a sudden rise in temperature to high numbers, the administrator will call you an emergency phone number by which you can immediately call a doctor who will provide your child with all the necessary medical care, leave recommendations on treatment and monitoring.
In accordance with its schedule, the local pediatrician doctor will visit your child at home at a certain time, establish a diagnosis, give recommendations, draw up all the necessary medical documents: write prescriptions for the prescribed medications, draw up a disability certificate
Phone numbers for calling a doctor at home, see the page of your medical institution:
|BPH No. 94|
|Branch No. 1 of State Children's Hospital No. 94 (formerly State Children's Hospital No. 4)|
|Branch No. 2 of State Children's Hospital No. 94 (formerly State Children's Hospital No. 6)|
|Branch No. 3 of BPH No. 94 (formerly BPH No. 33)|