In Russian law there are only two types of representation: legal representation (parents, guardians, trustees) and representation on the basis of a power of attorney. Legally, neither a grandmother, nor a nanny, nor an older adult brother (sister) have the authority to represent the interests of the child in a medical organization.
To avoid problems, a sample of a power of attorney is posted on our website. Parents can download it in advance and fill it out for a person who will represent the interests of the child in a medical organization.
A parent can delegate the following powers to an attorney:
- sign a contract for the provision of medical services;
- make all decisions regarding the health of the child and sign voluntary informed consent for medical interventions;
- sign and make decisions on refusal of medical interventions;
- pay for treatment from the funds of the legal representative or from your own funds;
- receive complete and reliable information about the child’s health, both at the doctor’s appointment and with copies and originals of medical documentation and extracts from it.
A copy of the power of attorney is stored on the child’s medical record.
Form of power of attorney
POWER OF ATTORNEY
to represent the interests of the legal representative of a child under 15 years of age in medical organizations
d. Moscow "____" ____________ 20__
I, _______________________________, series passport ______, number __________, issued "___" ________ 20__ ____________________________________________ registered at: ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________, series passport ______, number _______, issued "___" ________ 20__ __________________________________________________ registered at: ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
represent my interests in escorting my child
__________________________________, “__” __________ _______ year of birth, birth certificate ____________________, issued on “___” ________ 20__ ______________________________________________, in medical organizations of any form of ownership regarding the receipt of medical assistance (services) by my child, namely (specify):
1. Sign my child’s health care contract on my behalf.
2. Make all decisions regarding my child’s health and sign voluntary informed consent for medical interventions.
3. Sign and make decisions to refuse medical interventions.
4. Pay for treatment from my own or my own funds.
5. Receive complete and accurate information about my child’s health, both at the doctor’s appointment and in the form of a copy of medical records, originals of medical records and extracts from it.
The power of attorney was issued for a period of ____ (_____) without the right of substitution.
Signature of the attorney ______________________________ I confirm.
Full name of the principal:
Signature of principal: ____________________________________________________